Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Saturday we threw a big halloween bash it was a lot of work (mostly because I get really carried away when we entertain) but, we built memories so it was well worth it. We spent most of the week making costumes, caramel apples, and popcorn balls. Friday we decorated the house and drove all over looking for Rootbeer concentrate for the homemade rootbeer. It's Halloween, 'tis the season for homemade rootbeer. Several stores told us they carry it, but they were out. Finally, we gave up on driving all around and made some phone calls until we found a store that just got in a new shipment, who would have thought that would be so difficult.
The children were so excited to throw a party. In fact Carmen woke up and said, "I am more excited than Christmas." Honestly, that made me more significant for me than how incredibly the party turned out.
Everyone seemed to have a good time that night. They enjoyed the food, especially the homemade rootbeer and ice cream that Kerry made. Actually, everyone even seemed to enjoy taking their turns cranking the ice cream maker.
The only thing that disappoints me is that I got through the whole party Satuday night without even thinking about taking pictures. When we were falling into bed I said, I can't believe it, but I didn't take one picture tonight! Honestly, I would love to have those pictures to show off!Perhaps I will remember to take a picture of the children in their Halloween costumes when they get dressed up again for Halloween night.

No comments: