Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quit being so cantankerous . . .

I have a habit of disagreeing with my children just for the sake of disagreeing. It extends the conversation and makes them talk to me a little longer. In the end I nearly always end up agreeing with them, but I do sometimes take it too far and let them get frustrated with me before I give in. A few days ago I was playing this game with Serena, my 9 year old, she finally got exasperated with me and said . . . "Quit being so cantankerous!" Oh my! She shut me down, where does a 9 year old child learn the word cantankerous? I'll be honest, I had to look the word up on Dictionary.com to be able to spell it! I am in big trouble. She made me laugh though. It is fun to have children who can both make me smile AND keep me in check. What a great blessing!

No comments: